As long as I can remember, I had a phobia of bare feet. There is no rational reason I can think of that, but I do know is that this does not affect my life, surprisingly, many without this phobia might not have considered.


When I was young, my hatred for bare feet made me very uncomfortable to play sports in the school gym, especially because if you spend a lot of exercise equipment and landing mats, etc., we were forced to go barefoot. I was very self-conscious of my feet, but they are quite normal and small size. After being bullied at school, I desperately wanted to take a martial art of self defense, but was postponed after a judo lesson when I realized that walking barefoot is crucial. I never went back, and intimidation continue.


As the years went on my foot phobia was not reduced, and even now I never go to the house barefoot, always choosing to wear shoes or slippers. When you are in bed at night, if my husband has not been banished from the spare part for snoring too, so I keep my own feet away from him. Sometimes at night, his feet are accidentally touched mine, and I crack like I was stung, instinctively move my feet at the opposite end of the bed. In many ways, I do not know if this reaction is that I can not keep in touch with his bare feet, or if it's because I can not stand to make contact with my bare feet. Regardless, I do not like the switch intense.


0 comments